Friday, January 29, 2010

D.I.Y. DAY

Nevins Photo. Earlier this week.

Yo! It's flat and cold out! I liked it better when it felt like spring was here. I knew it was to good to be true... But it is what it is and we have some nice sunny days on the way and hopefully a fun little ground swell for Monday and Tuesday??? I forgot to mention that the Pioneers soccer team ripped it up at Wednesday putting us a 3 and 0 for the session thus far. The team has worked out a lot of the kinks and we are finally moving the ball with some skill, stoked!

The Volcom Pipeline Pro kicked off yesterday in some pumping surf. The live webcast kept me entertained for most of the day. There were definitely some bombs coming through and solid rides being had. The forecast for today looks really good. The call is at 7:30 Hawaii time but looking at the forecast I think it's a sure thing. Check it HERE a little later to catch all the action. The video below is all the highlights from yesterdays competition. Check it!



Tons of new DC gear showed up at the shop in the past few days. New tees, hoodies, button down, and shoes are on tap. Good style and good color in everything! Come grab one and represent!





Working at the shop I get to see a lot of cool stuff. My favorite thing to see is when someone brings in something they built. Something they took the time to create. A true do it yourself (DIY) project. Over the years I have seen lots of longboard decks, skimboards, and surfboards custom fabricated by a customer. I even seen some weird roller skates made with skateboard trucks and wheels and snowboard bindings. In the past week I have had two friends cruise in one with pics of their new surfboard and another with a finished surfboard. Both boards a built with wood and have a true beauty to them. The pictures below are from our buddy Scott's work in progress. The other board I have seen is beautiful and I have pics on Steve's camera but Steve isn't here and neither is his camera so I will post those asap. Check the photos below and get inspired, get weird, and go create something. Inspiration HERE and HERE.






Enjoy the weekend and we will see you in the water on Monday!

No comments: