Monday, January 11, 2010

Some Real Local Knowledge...


So it's flat, there's no end in site, but lets just leave that topic alone.

Today I want to talk about a local delicacy that I never new existed. What am I talking about? I'm talking about Maine shrimp or Native shrimp. These little guys live right here in the Gulf of Maine year round and the harvesting season is right now. My good buddy Kir introduced me native shrimp the other night and we had quite a feast! They are smaller than you average shrimp and usually come with the heads still on. The weird thing about these shrimp is that they are packed full of eggs or roe. They migrate towards shore in the dead of winter to have thier young and that is when they are picked up by the local fisherman. So at first glance they may not be what you're used to but believe me these little guys are worth the work. The are so tender and a lot sweeter than regular shrimp. The best part is the harvest is sustainable and you're keeping it local by eating them. I know this is a weird thing to read on a surf blog but I am stoked on Native SHRIMP. I just called Al's Seafood which is right by the shop, they're selling headless native shrimp for $3.99 a pound, go get some! I promise you'll be stoked on native shrimp too!

I also want to give a big up to NH snowboarder Chas Guldemond for his first place finish at the Grand Prix of Snowbaording at Mammoth this weekend. Seabrooks own Scotty Lago finished 7th in the halfpipe contest which keeps him in the top ten overall. With one event left Scotty needs a first place finish to have a chance to qualify for the US Olympic team. Go get em' Scotty NH is pulling for you!!!

So the Lost orders are going in... We got Stealths, Rockets, RNFQ, Scorchers, SDIIs, Motivators, and a handfull of custom orders on the list. Our good buddies Austin, Mike, and Taylor all committed to a new board as did Buck and myself. Our buddy Mike took a big step and order one or the newest and stangest models that Lost makes called The Plank. The board looks insane and I bet Mike will be ripping Straws apart on it come summer time. Thanks for the love boys!!! If you are still thinking about a custom board it's not to late, we can still attach it to our current order. I can't wait to get my new 5'10 Motivator.

Steve and I are at the shop till 6pm if you need anything...
Enjoy the Day

No comments: