Monday, January 18, 2010

Surf Returns!!!


Good afternoon surf crew. Well our two week flat spell is over. Right now we have some head high plus surf rolling through. The winds are blowing hard out of the north which is making things pretty messy. There are some spots that will be slightly protected from the wind so I suggest getting out there and having a look around. Tomorrow and Wednesday both look promising for some fun surf so get ready to get some!

We also have to talk about the nice blanket of snow we got last night. I know I was hoping for a little more but it is what it is and at least we got some. I just check the Gunstock snow report and they have 4 to 6 inches of fresh and they are still expecting a few more inches throughout the day. Tomorrow night Gunstock runs a special that is two people ride for $25 dollars. As of right now I know of probably a dozen people who are planning to head up and shred, so meet us up there and lets make some turns. This deal is every Tuesday night, and I think it may become a regular thing for us here. I believe the deal starts at 5 pm, come share the stoke!


The custom orders for the Plank continue to roll in. NH is going Plank crazy!!! I figured today I would introduce another of the new Lost models. Today we are going to talk about The Motivator. The Motivator is a small wave board. This board is based on the super popular Rocket model. To create this board Matt Biolis started with a Rocket outline and added some width to the nose and tail to create a longer rail to add drive in small surf. Then he added a little thickness in the nose and tail to increase float without increasing the boards overall thickness. He also lowered the stringer rocker but kept the Rocket's rail rocker to add speed while paddling but still giving it the ability to do tight radius turns while on rail. The final step in creating the Motivator was to add a step rail to the last 6 inches of the tail. This gives the board some bight and the ability to do "real" turns in small surf.

The board come stock with 5 fin boxes so you can ride it as a quad, thruster, or twin. I fell in love with the idea of this board at first sight. I custom ordered a 5'10 in XTR epoxy. The stock dimensions on a 6'0 would be 20.5 by 2.5. The idea behind this board is to motivate you to surf those small mushy days. I can't wait, my board is already motivating me! We have some poly boards on our March/April order and probably some XTRs soon after. If you have any questions on the Motivator or any other Lost board you know where to find us.

No comments: