Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Stuff Legends are Made of Son


Buck, Dean, Tom, and I are going to Bull Riding school in Lufkin, Texas the first week of April and it is going to be beyond epic. It is a man quest, a chance to do something few dare to do. Some people shake their heads (my parents), some people laugh (the lady at my doctor's office), and some people just ask "why?" (50% of everyone who I tell). But we're stoked, we got our boots, our belt buckles, and our dreams and that's almost everything we need to get-r-done.

The one thing we are lacking, the one thing that would make this trip the most epic trips of all time... A bitchin' set of wheels to turn this quest into a road trip, I give you the 1973 Ford Gran Torino 4 door sedan. Imagine that... The four of us, a pack of misfits, closet cowboys from New Hampshire driving to Texas in one of the raddest cars I have ever seen, all in the name of conquering a dream, in the name of riding a bull. Can I get a Hell Yeah?!?! Picture it, me at the wheel, the rest of the boys pounding suds, whistling at pretty girls, and getting rowdy as we tear across America. Steve found the car on craigslist that started this day dream. It made me think of a great movie about 5 friends on a mission in the mid/south west. That movie is Fandango. It's a classic. Watch the trailer below and place the four of us in that Gran Torino and you got yourself a block buster movie. (Buck will be the guy on the roof and I'll be the one driving, Dean is not a weenie, and Tom is the guy who is passed out the entire movie). Like Kevin Costner says "This is the stuff legends are made of son."


In shop news I got the new 2010 Lost Surfboard Catalog yesterday!!!! I know I have been blabbing about the new 2010 boards that are coming out but after seeing the catalog there are so many new boards it is just plain crazy. In addition to the Motivator, the Blunt, and the Scorcher they now have the Plank, the Rock Up, the Squash-it, the Stealth Pro, the Impala, and the F1 Stub. They really have something for everyone and I can't wait to get all these boards in the shop. Here is a glimpse of some of the catalog. Lost is on it this year, you have to ride one to understand.



Enjoy the day and I will talk in detail about some more of these boards as the weeks roll on.

No comments: