Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snow & Surf



SURF SURF SURF SNOW SNOW SNOW... I had a couple of fun sessions this morning. I also had a great surf session yesterday afternoon and super fun time up at Gunstock last night. The snow at the mtn. was so good, they got about a foot of fresh over the past few days. I spent most of my time hunting out little untouched patch of powder and slashing them to pieces. The snowboard park was in poor shape because of all the fresh snow but I can see some real potential for it on a nice sunny day. They have a fun jump line and a handful of rails and boxes. I think this 2 for Tuesday nights at gunstock may become tradition so get on it and come shred with the gang.
We see alot of hype on up and coming male surfers daily. Names like the Gudaskas, Andino, and Wright. What you don't see alot of is hype on up and coming female surfers. I found a short but sweet interview with 19 year old Lee Ann Curren. Lee Ann qualified for the women's professional tour and she is also the daughter of surf legend Tom Curren. It will be awesome to see how Lee Ann does in competition this year. She has it in her blood to be a world champion I wonder if she can pull it off. Check the full article HERE.

Hopefully we'll have some fun longboard waves tomorrow morning so check it early. We also started a facebook page where we'll be posting lit bits of info, sales, and events. Look us up and lets dangle on the web together. Find us at Pioneers Board Shop on Facebook HERE. Enjoy the rest of your day and we'll see you in the water tomorrow.

No comments: