Saturday, April 17, 2010

Waist High Sets and Super Messy!!!

The debatable day shot by the one and only Ralph. Is this a waist high wave, a head high wave, or is Ralph just a photo shop wizard??? You be the judge and chime in on Ralph's Pic of the Week!

After nearly two weeks of flatness (there was a day of debatable waist high surf last friday) I'll take waist high and super messy. I didn't surf yet because I had to go on a mission this morning, but I am out at 7 and with about a half hours worth of light I might be able to get a session in. But if not there is tomorrow and there is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! Surf is back and it looks fun most of the coming week! Good little east ground swell on it's way so get amped, wax up your stick, dust off the 4/3 and get ready to shred or glide.

Yesterday we got a shipment from our friends over at Von Zipper eye wear. We got about 3 dozen new shades from those guys in all colors, shapes, and sizes. Regular and Polarized lenses. To many shades to list but here are a few of my favorites!


The Clutch... Polarized
The Hoss
The Skitch
The Giggles

So what I am about to share with you is so revolutionary, so beyond our time, that it could change surfing as we know it... The SUPER SPEEDWAY OF SURF A spectacular event of never ending waves, intense mid air collisions, all the excitement of NASCAR!!! I give you SURF THE RING!


This video is crazy!!! The guy commentating is even crazier!!! Turn the volume up and listen to this guys description of his invention. I want to make fun of this and say it won't work but I want it too. I wan one of these in my backyard. I am day dreaming about the possibilities. I am thinking snakerun. I am stoked.

No comments: