Monday, March 15, 2010

The view from the table. This is usually all sea grass...

Good morning & greetings. Welcome to another gorgeous New England day... The temp is in the low forties, the wind is blowing at a steady 35 mph, and the humidity, yeah that's at 100%. Most secondary roads are flooded, the ocean road is covered in ocean, rocks, and foam, and a majority of the Seacoast is without power. That majority include Pioneers and I am currently writing this blog from my kitchen table staring out over a very flooded tidal marsh. Everybody I've talked to today has had something to say about their sump pump, the lake in their yard, or the leak in their roof. At the moment I am high enough to stay dry but with an hour plus till high tide I am crossing my fingers. The buoys are reading at 20+ feet and with high tide in about 30 minutes the coast is the happening place to be.

My dog is so over being stuck in the house for 3 days straight...

There is however a silver lining to this cloud. This big nasty front is going to leave us at some point tomorrow and once it does out will come the sun and west will go the winds. There will be waves all week long and on top of that we are going to have sunshine and temps in the 50s!!!! Until that happens stay low and away from leaning trees. Keep an eye on your basement and make sure your children and pets don't go for a swim in the back yard.

Fantasy Surfer... I've heard lots about it. I've checked it out. But I've never got into it. Between juggling blogs, facebook accounts, emails, and twitter I kinda feel like an internet junkie and yesterday was a boring enough day where my opinion on Fantasy Surfer changed. I created a Pioneers account and I will be keeping track of both our men's and women's teams throughout this upcoming year of worldwide events. The basic idea is before every event you get to pick a team of surfers. If the surfers you pick place well then you win prize money that lets you trade and buy surfers who have higher points values. Your team can and should change depending on events and wave predictions. The next event is the RipCurl Pro at Bells Beach (get ready for clash of the icons part 2) which is a right handed point so I chose some strong regular footed surfers who can do real nice turns and know how to find a barrel or two. I even include the wild card spot $1,500 in hopes that Robbo does it again and wins this time. Check the site out if you want it is a great way to waist a miserable day like today.


My Men's team which could change after I have a consult with co-owner Stevie. I want to find a way to get Jordy and Bede on there but they are fetching a hefty price tag!!!

A lovely list of ladies who I think will do quite well at Bells and earn our franchise some Cash Money!!!

So call the shop phone if you need something. If we're there we'll pick it up, if not try back in a few hours and hopefully we'll be in there making it happen and getting ready for all the good waves to come!

603.964.7714.

No comments: