Friday, March 5, 2010

BACK ON THE BLOG


It's been a while since my last blog. Last week's storm did a number on our internet service and phones and as of today we are back online for the first time in 7 days. (we were here everyday thought!) Writing the blog has become a part of my morning routine and quite honestly I have been lost without it. So many things have happened that I have been wanting to write about but I think most of them are lost or irrelevant at this point. I guess the place to start is with the waves. While we haven't had that epic day with of shore winds yet, there have been solid waves for the past week and a half. The waves this week have been pretty fun. I have scored a few sessions this week that are keeping my stoke firing! Tomorrow morning looks to be another one of those days. Waist to chest leftovers at dawn with a nice offshore breeze. My recommendation..... GET ON IT!!!

This is what an Olympian looks like, photo by GET IN THE VAN.

I know this is definitely old news but it still makes me happy! Scotty Lago is an Olympic Medalist and Seabrook threw a kick ass parade for him this past Sunday. If you missed it, like I did, there are tons of photos and videos online. Check out the updated Scotty page on Get in the Van in the I AM section.


One of the more miserable things about not having the net this past week was that I pretty much missed ALL of the live webcast from the first stop of the ASP tour at Snapper Rocks. The top 10 is filled with the regulars and I would say the standout performance was from Jordy Smith who was runner up to Taj Burrow who claimed the first victory of the year. Check the full story HERE and you can also watch all the heats on demand at the same place! This link HERE is full highlights for the final day. ASP is being lame and not allowing me to embed any videos into the blog so you'll have to hit the link to see the video, but it's worth it!


We have also received a TON of new stuff over the past week! New 4/3 and 3/2 rubber from O'neill for men, ladies, and the kiddies! I am always stoked to see this stuff show up because it is a sign of the times.... Spring is right around the corner!!! We also got in a big order from Volcom that also includes mens, womens, and kids gear. Tees, hoodies, jeans, chinos, button downs, hats, rash guards, belts, socks, basically we got your new spring wardrobe in the shop. Shoes, we got shoes! New stuff from DC, Emerica, and DVS and new ones from Vans, e'S, and etnies showing up any day. Skateboards! We got those too! Boards from Alien, Plan B, Almost, Zoo York, and Girl. I also talked to Lost today and our new boards should be shipping in the next few weeks. I can't wait to unwrap my new 5'10 motivator!!! and I know a bunch of other people who are equally as stoked on their new Lost board that will be coming soon!

Sunday is the monthly Surfrider Beach Sweep. Please come and pitch in, we're meeting at Zapstix Surf shop in Seabrook, NH at 1:00pm to take care of one of the prettiest beaches in New England. We all use these beaches so we should all pitch in to keep them clean!

In Pioneers indoor soccer new I am proud to say that in a little over a year we have gone from an 0 and 8 team to an 8 and 0 team. I believe that we will be moving into A division for the final session of the winter and we will be playing some tougher teams. I am super stoked on the team and the effort everyone made this session! Our first game of session three is at 8 pm on wednesday if anyone wants to come and cheer the contenders on!

DOn't forget this weekend is the Molly Rail Jam at Smugglers Notch and the Surfers vs Bruins Alumni hockey game is right around the corner. Get your tickets while they last and check MollyRowlee.com for all the details!!!!

Enjoy the day and rest assured the Blog is OK. We'll be back in full action next week!
Waves tomorrow and like I said Get On It!!!

No comments: