Thursday, March 18, 2010

Clash of the Icons 2



Surfs up!!! It was sure fun to get another session in this morning. Chest plus sets with off shore winds? Yes please and may I have another! So now that I am at the shop I am checking the buoys and the wind forecast for the day and it looks like things will steadily get smaller but stay clean till dark. I would say it is still waist high and it should hang in that range for most of the day. Maybe the fish or longboard will be the call this afternoon. I am out at 2 and you can be sure I'll be checking it!

So the Rip Curl Pro at Bells Beach kicks off March 30th and it is sure to be epic. Bells is always one of my favorite contests of the year. Last year the underdog, Robbo, made it all the way to finals! I can still remember Steve freaking out over how well he was surfing. Who knows maybe it will happen again but this time Robbo will win. Or it could be Taj, the boy is on a tear. He may even win the Drug Aware Pro that will conclude this weekend. I definitely left a spot for the trials winner on our Fantasy Surfer page and Taj will be in there too. But the BIG STORY is going to be the CLASH OF THE ICONS 2!!! You can probably remember all the hype last year as Occy and Curren faced off at J-Bay. They surfed two heats and each won one. Well it is all going to get decided at Bells with a winner take all heat. A lot of factors to consider but if Bells is pumping I still got my money on Occy. Check out the write up from Rip Curl HERE.


As we transition into spring here at the shop we have to make room for all the new gear. Snowboard gear is on sale as are our entire stock of winter rubber. All the details are above but the bottom line is we have suits for as cheap as $230 dollars. Maybe you don't need a suit right now but you might next year, now is the time to snag one of our suits on deal price.


Just unpacked a box of some fresh Oakley eye wear. New Frogskins, Dispatch, Fuel Cell, Fives, Hijinx, and gas can glasses in stock NOW! We also got a bunch of Pioneers decks in along with some Aqua Seal and Pro Lite bags, leashes, and traction!

Waves still look fun go get some!

No comments: