Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You Know the Ones...


Well I don't know about you but I got some fun ones this morning!!! There is nothing better than head high groundswell and offshore winds first thing in the morning. I had a great 2 hour session this morning that left me a little sore but extremely satisfied. I love working on days like today because everyone that swings by the shop is still glowing from the session they just had. You know the ones because they are smiling from ear to ear and their eyes are blood shot from all the salt water that has been forced into them. There hair is a little messy and their stoke is contagious. You can't help but swap stories about the best wave of the session or the pounding you took when that late drop went wrong. It's been busy here today because there has been a lot of stoke sharing and that's why this blog is a little later then usual, but the folks who are still rolling in are telling me it's still waist plus and fun. Winds blowing a little out of the south but I am confident there will be a few left for me when I shut the shop down in another hour.


I know I talked about how cold it was yesterday morning in my last blog but today it was even COLDER this morning. 48 degrees!!!! Good thing the flannel was on and my 4/3 and boots where in the car. It's also a good thing that we have TONS of wetsuit booties in stock now. I pretty much have to replace those things every year. I either loose one over the summer or I put them away wet and when it comes time to break them out again they smell like dead things and look like a science experiment. But new boots are the best and totally worth the yearly investment. My pick right now would be the Ripcurl 3mm hidden split toe or the Oneill 3mm round toe boot. Warm, comfy, and grippy!!! That's what it's all about.


We also got a really rad new boot in from Ugg today. Its the new women's Belfair and we have it in stock in charcoal. This is a calf height, waterproof boot made from full grain leather. Inside is a breathable E-Vent membrane and a genuine sheepskin lining and insole that will keep you warm and dry in the snow and rain. And a cork infused molded rubber outsole will give you plenty of traction in the ice and snow conditions that you know winter will bring.

So waves tomorrow???? I hope so. I'll be checking it hard trying to find a few. Get up early and maybe I'll see you out there!

No comments: