Wednesday, September 8, 2010

NOWHERE

p. GITV

Yo Crew! How we livin'. Even though we had insane waves all last week I'm still not content. It's been 3 days since I last surfed and I don't know what to do with myself. I am used to it being chest high and awesome. Now that it's shin high I am craving some more surf. Looks like there is some slight potential for some small little ground swell waves for Friday??? I sure hope so! I want to ride the PLANK some more! And the Plank surfs like a corvette in small ground swell!

So I've spent some of my time today previewing all of the snowboard videos that are getting ready to release. So far I'm really liking NoWhere, F It!, Deeper, Right Brain Left Brain, In Color, and Hello World. NoWhere is definitely on of my favorites and what is really cool about this film is that it's makers are having a private premier for it this weekend on Saturday at the Portsmouth Music Hall. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door but we have a bunch that you can buy in advance right here at the shop. Check the trailer out for NoWhere below and if you like what you see come grab a few tickets and go get ready for winter with a bunch of like minded folks.



Now I know it's only September 8th and we're still wearing 3/2s and surfing bootless but you know what's just around the corner.... cold water and lots of extra rubber. I usually get reminded of that yearly when our first batch of 4/3s and 5/4s show up. Well today is that day. Now when it comes to rubber you know we only carry and wear THE BEST! That's precisely why we stick to O'neill and Ripcurl. Well we just got a pile of 4/3 and 5/4 Ripcurl Insulators and we'll have some O'neill mutants coming soon. I've been wearing the 4/3 Insulator myself since last fall and loving it and Stevie has been rocking it even longer. I am especially stoked on the 5/4 because of it's price ($320) and versatility. If you don't get cold easily then you could certainly surf this thing through most of the winter. So when it comes time to pick up either a new 4/3 for the fall or a new 5/4 for the winter I HIGHLY recommend looking into an Insulator.
This suit rocks and Taylor Knox knows it!

A little late to the game but hopefully not to late. We finally were able to score some I Path Cats and Cat Lows. Sizes all the way up to 13 available!



And not to be outdone Globe just dropped a couple of boxes of kick ass shoes at our doorstep. Two new one, The Encore and the Blender. Get them while they last!!!




Thoughts and photos by Brian Nevins. Brian is currently visiting Haiti. Thanks for sharing buddy.


"Learning that wishing I won the lottery is ridiculous when I already did. It's amazing how any of us 'could have been' ".


"Today was a rough day. Haiti is... in pain."

No comments: