Monday, June 28, 2010

Oily Waves....

Bullwinkle right in the pocket...

What's the haps crew??? How was your weekend? I spent mine driving a desk 8 hours a day. Not to fun but the ends justify the means, or at least that's what I keep telling myself... But from what I heard the weather was alright and there were little shin to knee high peelers all weekend. I heard it was so good that even the local wildlife got in on the action. I made it back to the coast for an evening session. Threw on some boardies, grabbed the log, and straight to the beach to get a few. I had a blast and that little session was all I needed to forget about that desk I was behind all day. All it took was one wave and I was amping!!!

Before the Jimmy went down!

I was up in York and when I'm there I always hit up Ruby's for some good eats so after the session Ruby's was the place to be. The have a hamburger on their menu called "The Jimmy" and I have been staring at it for quite some time. It is two 8oz patties, bacon, onions, mushrooms, cheese, lettuce, and tomato sandwiched between two buns. It used to be called the Mt. Aggie burger and that should give you some idea of how big it is. So last night was the night, I pulled the trigger and downed the Jimmy! It was so good and the perfect post surf session meal. If you're up in York check out Ruby's and if you're looking for a challenge order up "The Jimmy".


The Phelper talking with one of the realest dudes ever!


One tube I wouldn't go for...

It really, really saddens me to keep bring this up, but we have too. We can forget about what is happening in the Gulf. Day 70 and the oil and toxins continue to pour into our ocean. The only real hope we have at this moment is that the secondary relief wells redirect the flow some time soon, and by soon we got our fingers crossed for August. This little post I found on SurferMag.com gives some first hand feelings and observation from surfers in the Gulf. It is disheartening and disappointing that this accident happened and continues to happen everyday over and over again. This from a 52 year old surfer in Louisiana "Fourchon Beach is where I surf...or should I say used to surf,” says Coffman. “It might not be the greatest, but we do get some really awesome days. Sometimes you might be by yourself or maybe with four or five of your best bros. Now it all seems lost. Our beach is covered with oil, and with so much of it out there it’s far from being over. Our fishing industry is screwed. Something needs to be done and real soon. In the meantime, what am I supposed to do? Maybe I’ll move to California or at least visit some friends who live there. " For 5 things you can do to help and to stay current on the developments in the Gulf check HERE and check often.

We're starting to sell off our surfboard rental fleet. First up on the chopping block are the fishes. 6'0 to 6'4 NSP fishes going for $225 to $250. Boards come with wax, leash, and fins. They won't last long and we'll be releasing more renal boards towards the end of the week. Stay cool and stay stoked. Pioneers is here for YOU!!! We're hoping there could be waves tomorrow but we're not planning on it. My advice is to call the report line in the AM or check the cam. If there are waves we'll be in the water and if there are no waves, we'll still be in the water.

No comments: