Monday, February 15, 2010

Mondays...

Friday Perfection Courtesy of Get In The Van

Who's got a case of the Mondays??? I do, but luckily the leftover chinese food I am going to have for lunch is motivating me to stay alive. I don't know about you but when I get to start my week off with a surf everything just seems to go a little smoother. Looking at the deep blue this morning I knew there was no chance of surf and a high probability of the Mondays kicking in somewhere around 9 o'clock... I nailed it! But then again yesterday was a great day. The ocean was as blue as I have seen it in a while. It was a great day to spend with your Valentine. I have nothing to complain about, I think I just want to go surfing. And because I always wanna go surfing maybe it's not the Mondays I am feeling, maybe it's just my surf stoke slipping away. However, there is hope, waves for Tuesday and Wednesday. They are probably going to be small, but small is better than flat and small can keep the stoke alive, flat can't.

Brian Nevins' Fortress of Solitude with a View Courtesy of Get In The Van

If you checked Ralph's Pic today then you know that this past week was 52 weeks since Ralph started keeping track of our weekly wave situation. Turns out 50 out of the past 52 weeks have had waist high or better surf. That's pretty damn good for NH or as I was calling it this summer Calihampshire! Check Ralph's page HERE for week 52 highlights and soak in the memories of another fun swell come and gone. What I want to know now is do we start over with the count? Is today week 1 of 1? or Is today the first day of week 53? Where in the world will Captain Ralph take us next? Stay tuned it and hold on because I am sure we're going to find out!


The Nike Skateboarding team spent some time on the East Coast recently. The full story with lots of pics is posted HERE on Thrasher Magazine's site! My favorite thing about this article is local boy Dan Murphy talking about traveling with his dog Indy. Dan and Indy are great, they make the perfect couple and the last line of the list that talks about Indy getting more coverage than most skaters is the honest truth.


Red Bull is at it again, this time their focus is on surfing. Red Bull Project Air is aimed at giving surfers the ability to push themselves to do bigger, crazier airs. They are keeping a daily blog as project air progresses. Check it out HERE at RedBullSurfing.com. They have even built a custom skateboard ramp to simulate launching of the lip. Skateboarding is really hard and with the exception of Jordy Smith the team looks like a bunch of little kids doing fly outs. Either way it looks like a blast and I would love to skate the ramp and launch into the foam.



New Lost video in today, What Really Went Wrong??? now in stock. If it is half as good as 5'5 19 1/4 Redux then it's awesome. Get them while they're hot!

Fight off the Mondays and we'll see you in the water!!!!

No comments: