Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Giving it up for Reda...


The Berrics, you have heard me talk about it before. Buttery Ass Mondays, First Try Fridays, Battle at the Berrics, DC United, 1% for Nick Mullens. This should all be ringing a bell some where in your head. Well topic of the day is Wenesdays with Reda. Giovanni Reda works for the Berrics, he does a weekly show where he basically sticks a camera in some ones face and makes their life miserable. His favorite people to pick on are Eric Koston and anyone from England. Some times he shouts out to former pros, or people outside of the skate industry. This week Reda is kicking it with Peter Bici, who is an OG NYC skater and spent a lot of his career with Zoo York. Bici is now on the NYC fire department and that is where Reda is spending this Wednesday.

I have nothing but respect for Fire Fighters, my father is a fire fighter as is my uncle, grandfather, my cousin, and some close friends. One of my good buddies, Jon Comeau is on the job with my dad. When I first started skating and snowboarding Jon was the guy I looked up too. He sold me my first snowboard, he used to take me on skate and snowboard missions. Like all firefighters Jon rules and is still one of my favorite people to go skate or shred with, even though it's been a while. I was amped when I saw this weeks Wednesdays with Reda cause it reminded me how many firefighters I know and a few that can still rip when given the chance.

Wednesdays with Reda
Check the Berrics for more episodes as the day goes...


NH Surfrider sponsered Beach Clean Up at the Wall this Saturday the sixth of February. If you want to pitch in a helping hand meet at the bath house at the north end of the wall at 10am sharp. I also have posted the full 2010 beach clean up schedule below, mark your calendar. So this Saturday come pick up some trash, spread some stoke, and do the right thing. Be there!


In surf news Ripcurl announced that their Somewhere Event on the ASP tour will be held somewhere in the Caribbean. More info and a specific location to come in April. The Todos Santos Big Wave Invitational official wait period kicked off on Monday. The first week looks small but there are some chances developing for mid Feb. Like the Eddie, this is a one day contest with some of the best big wave surfers in the world. As soon as it gets 30 foot + it will run and I will do my best to stay on it and let you know when it's a go!

No comments: