Saturday, October 16, 2010

Not my peak but pretty close.... p.GITV

Yesterday's surf was something else... The low that was giving us swell stalled out right in front of us and just started pulsing swell at us. I was surfing one of my favorite beach peaks expecting some head high sets but I got a whole lot more. Starting at about two the waves just started getting bigger and bigger. I'm not gonna claim it was double over head but it was fast and heavy, I had to switch from surf mode to survival mode. It felt like I was surfing first groin down in Hatteras. I had one break on me so hard that it knocked all the wind out of my lungs and sent me into the beach to catch my breath. RAD!!! I was definitely feeling humbled yesterday!!! And much to my surprise the waves were still pumping this morning. It's pumping right now. Chest high sets and fun. Stiff wind out of the NW and dropping. Go get some right now and end your week on a high note!!!


These new Burton Boards and Jackets showed up yesterday!!! WINTER IS COMING!!!!!

Just got word from one of my favorite Rye rippers that she is out of the game for a while. However, even though she's broken off and sidelined her passion is still evident. Heal fast Brianna and well see you rollin soon!


Last night I spent a few hours hanging at the Rye Airfield for one of their Legendary LOCK IN skate session (Parents this is a great way to ditch the kids for an ENTIRE NIGHT). Pioneers, with Rye's help, sponsored a new feature and last night was it's unveiling. One part mortar, one part skateboarding, the Pioneers Pole Jam is alive. The line to hit this beast might have been more impressive than the feature it self. There must have been 50 sweaty kids foaming at the mouth to take a shot at it. Within the first five minutes there were 180's, shuv-its, and no complys going down. Best trick of the pole jam was awarded to T.B.A. for his T.B.A. For his trick he earned a Pioneers deck compliments of the best skate shop around!



I know it's old news now but did you see it? The Kelly vs Jordy final in Portugal. Slater claims victory and is so, so close to claiming the world title. There are two events left this year, Puerto Rico which starts Monday and Pipe in December. Mathematically Jordy is the only one who can still take Slater down, but Slater is going to have to REALLY mess up to lose it now. The Ripcurl Search event is always one of my favorite events of the year. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of waves Puerto Rico can produce for the boys. Check out the video and get stoked, I'll keep you posted once the contest gets rolling!



DOWN SINCE THE BIGINNING, PIONEERS. Here's the proof. A personal note from the top dogs as Sole Technologies (E'S, Etnies, Emerica, & Altamont) and a bottle of Booze to commemorate out dedication to skateboarding. Raise your glasses ladies and gentlemen, today we toast SKATEBOARDING with Sole Tech and Jose Cuervo.

No comments: