Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's Coming!!!

It's on the way..... You know it, I know it, GITV knows it.

Well, I'm back home now after an EPIC week in Hatteras. I've been down to the Outer Banks enough times now to know how easy it is to get a proper skunking down there. This time the stars aligned and I had good surf the entire time. The weather was unreal and I was surrounded by good friends, dogs, and kids the whole time. I've spent most of my surfing life going to Hatteras and hoping for a trip like this, well, it finally happened, STOKED! Check some of my choice photos down below....

FALL IN NH IS THE BEST!!!!!

And now that I'm back in NH I am remembering a few feelings I had last year. Observation one, damn the water is cold here... two, WOW Fall is here, and three, the shop looks %&$ing AWESOME!!! Steve was hard are work trying to keep up with all the stuff we got while I was gone amidst painting, ordering, and organizing. He did damn good and like I said the shop looks rad!!! When I walked in yesterday I felt more like a customer than an employee. I spent the first hour just wandering around looking at all the new gear. Here is the short list of what filtered in while I was out. New Vans footwear and apparel, new Lakai footwear, Volcom denim, tees, hoodies, sweaters, Think skatebaords including the new Dave Bachinsky Pro Model, Enjoi, Almost, and Cliche decks, Blind and Darkstar mini/mid complete skateboards, full selection of winter rubber and 4/3 wetsuits, FCS fins, Uggs, and SNOWBOARD GEAR!!!!

Not only has all this new stuff filtered in but we've been giving the shop a bit of a face lift as we begin moving things around. A little paint here, a new rack there, snowboards and jackets over here, surfboards out back... I'm telling you the shop looks GOOD. I usually hold out on really getting into snowboard mode but it's here!!! I'm in mode!! We've been watching videos, talking snow, selling boards, trying on gear, contacting resorts. I just bought my niece a Burton After School Special which is a Burton 80 cm board, with xs bindings and a pair of 11c boots. She is gonna look so rad, I can't wait to take her out in the backyard and give her her first experience on snow. And while were talking about Burton snowboards it turns out Mr. Brown just showed up with some more. Pictures tomorrow.

The Raglan...

TNT 4
Chukka Low
Chukka Low

WILKO!!!!!!!

Ripcurl Pro in Portugal is in full effect right now. Day 3 of competition and the boys are surfing good. The upset of the event just happened a few hours ago when Travis Logie??? defeated defending champ Mick Fanning. WOW. Our newest favorite Matty Wilco, defeated Taj and advanced to round 4. Things are getting good and with Taj, Mick, and Dane out early the ASP title is coming down to the Slater Jordy show. There are two events left after this one and because the two lowest event finishes of each man are dropped, things could change. However, it's really starting to look like Slater is going to claim World Title number 10!!! Check out Ripcurl Portugal HERE and have a look at all the heats on demand. Round 3 must watches are The Mick vs Travis heat and Owen vs Kai heat (Owen scored a 10). Live coverage of rounds 4 and 5 could be tomorrow but most likely will resume on Thursday.

V Bottom Cooper Fishes are RAD!!!
The Spiral Guardian....
The view from the top of the World!
Our Castle for the week!
I taught this little man a thing or two about relaxing...
Here is his old man going right!
I go right every once in a while
Lefts at the Pier
Apple Ugly, a gift to all of Humanity and the reason I came home 5 pounds heavier...
What's left of the Frisco Pier after Earl did his thing...

Waves for the end of the week get stoked and if you haven't been by the shope lately swing by and say hello!

No comments: