Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pacific Swell Turns It Up To 11...



If you pulled yourself out of bed early, braved the single digit temps, and made your way to the coast then you got to see an amazing sunrise and a serious display of sea smoke. I forgot my camera but was able to snag the above photo off one of the local webcams. Now you can call me crazy but there was actually some fun looking surf out there too. The longboard waves at Jenness Beach looked amazing this morning. I'm pretty sure I even saw a few thigh high sets and thoughts of running home to grab my log and suit danced through my head until I remembered that I blew my fin box out earlier this year and have yet to fix it. If it was summer time there would have been 50 people out, today there were none.... If you can deal with the cold, winter is the best!

Words can't describe the RADNESS that is the All 80's All Day Vert Challenge...
Lucky for us they made a video that does it justice, Check it out, it's totally Bitchin'!!!!!!


The Pacific Ocean is looking at a SERIOUS, SERIOUS SWELL for the upcoming week. On a scale of 1 to 10 it's shaping up to be an 11 and let's just say the big wave surfers of the world are all booking tickets to Hawaii to see what happens. Currently The Eddie, The Jay, and The Todos Santos contest are all hold waiting for waves big enough to run them. This swell could deliver those waves and we could have a few epic weeks of big wave surfing coming up! Now the word on the street is that La Vaca Gigante (spanish for big wave contest) is set to run Monday in Spain. I don't think there is a webcast because the website is all in spanish and well I don't spanish so good. If there is, and I find out about it, I'll let you know. I'll also be keeping an eye on this story and I'll let you know what's up. I got my fingers crossed, The Eddie and The Jay were epic last year but a grade 11 swell could make them even better this year.

Keeping with the big wave there check out Down with the Ship!!! A FREE full length video from Derek Dunfee, the 2009 XXL paddle in and 2010 worst wipeout award winner.

We're in the shop all weekend, if you need anything swing by and see us. Waves and snow midweek and skate session daily!

1 comment:

Ryan Dunfee said...

Yeah cousin Derek! Down with the ship baby!