Monday, January 3, 2011

2011....


Welcome to 2011 and your first blog of the New Year!!! 2010 was a good year for a lot of reasons. The waves seemed non stop all year long and we had one of the most epic summer I can ever remember. I got hitched to my old lady and got my husky pup, Piper. I got to spend a ton of time on my skateboard and all of our team kids had quite a year placing top ten in events around the country. Steve and I got to meet tons of people here at the shop for the first time and get them fired up about surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding. We've made some great friends this year and we banked some amazing memories that we'll keep with us for the rest of our lives.

I probably don't do this enough but I just want to take a quick minute and extend a huge thanks to everyone that supports Pioneers and the the things we love. So to everyone who surfs with us, skates with us, shreds with us, reads the blog, comes to our beach clean ups, shops locally and supports Pioneers we thank you from the bottoms of our hearts. We had a blast in 2010 and we're looking forward to another stellar year in 2011!!!

p. GITV

As I said above our skate team had a hell of a year as did my favorite website Get In The Van. I was so beyond stoked when I jumped on GITV this morning and saw the new Looking In piece on what I see as the future of women's skateboarding, Nora Vasconcellos. Brian spent a considerable amount of time with Nora for this piece and we can't be more excited for how it turned out. So please without further adieu CLICK HERE to Get In The Van and go for a ride with Nora. And on a side note congrats to GITV for their ESM Website of the Year award. Make THE VAN on of your daily internet haunts.... it's the best!!!

The guys you don't usually see on this side of the lens...
Joe Carter, Brian Nevins, & Nick LaVecchia


On our skate team theme this is the newest video from Michael Sander featuring Pioneer rippers Nolan Monroe and Zac Rose. It's crazy how good these kids are getting!!!!!!!! Michael has a handful of videos all worth watching just click HERE to check them out! If you like what you see we have Michael's full length NH surf film, One Hour Parking, in the store now!


Just for fun this video from Jib Jab highlights some of the political B.S. that surrounds our existence.

Here's to another year, let's hope it's gonna be as good as the last!

No comments: