Tuesday, May 25, 2010

WOW!!!



Sorry for the inconsistent blogging the past few days... The waves were up and the nerdnet was down. Technical difficulties, you dig????

But I am back and this time it's for real. Every year on exactly the first 90 degree day of the year I realize I have made a terrible mistake... I wished all winter for summer and now that it's here, all I want is winter back. Sure I dig the sun, warm water, and girls in bikinis but man do crowds and dumb people bum out. It's amazing that as soon as the temp hits 80 people miraculously awaken and head straight to the beach. I live on the northern side of the marsh that over looks Hampton Beach. My buddy Britt affectionally calls it "The Junk Show" and I think that pretty much sums it up. As I drove through the other night I felt like every guy down there was looking for someone to beat up. I just don't understand it. And even though I am about a mile or so from all the action, every time the wind is blowing out of the south it sounds like a bunch of good ol' boys are holding a tractor pull in my backyard. God I Love New Hampshire.

Pretty sure I saw this guy there and he was killing it!

I guess you could say that this past little swell was the first in over a month, and if my memory serves me I surfed the wall a month a go with only and handful of folks out. That day and the past few days are a different story. I now was able to surf the wall with 200+ tribe members. Everything changes and everything goes in cycles. There are always pluses and minuses. I have to remind myself to enjoy the warm water, enjoy the sun, and appreciate how epic NH really is, which can be hard to do while sitting in a crowded lineup. There is definitely room for all so come to the beach and shed. And if you're just not ready to handle it there are always empty beach peaks is you're willing to go look for them. Summer is here so enjoy it because winter will be back in 4 short months. But anyways the waves were really good and it felt great to be surfing. I am still blown away by my new Motivator and I heard from our buddy Michael again and his plank stoke is still high! Little waves hanging around today and tomorrow, GO SURFING!

And to help you get the most out of summer we are continuing to stock the shop with all things radical. A big batch of O'neill showed up yesterday with lots of super stretchy trunks, shorts, tees, and tanks. Big board shipment from global just in too. Restock on the Aloha Bean, SUP gear, and 7S Superfishes.



Tons of new skate product in to. Pioneers 8 inch decks back in stock, Bones wheels, Alien wood, E's and DVS footwear, and Spitfire wheels.


Steve's wife Heather is walking in the North Shore Cancer walk to help raise money to fight cancer. The following is from the first lady of Pioneers

" On Sunday morning, June 20, I'll lace up my sneakers and join thousands of participants for the 20th annual North Shore Medical Center Cancer WALK / RUN. In teams and in pairs, with family and with friends, as strangers and as neighbors, we'll come together to help fight cancer. Donating through this website is simple, fast and secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.

Please help Heather out if you can, the whole Pioneers family appreciates anything you do!
Enjoy the day!!!

1 comment:

The Roog said...

I felt the same way on Tuesday. Tried to get out for a lunchtime surf in normally deserted Salisbury. Suddenly, there's no parking to be found!!

Which is better? Bikinis and heat or rabble-reducing 36 degree water? It's a tossup.