Monday, May 24, 2010

Nolan Monroe is My Hero!!!


What would you typically expect from a 17 year old kid from Rindge NH? I would expect that kid to be a quick shot with a 12 gauge and damn good at handling an over-powered sled and chainsaw... What I wouldn't expect is that kid to be one of the top pool and vert skaters in the world. However, it just so happens that Nolan Monroe is all of the above. At only 17 Nolan has made the finals at the Pro-Tec Pool party the last three years in a row and this year he made a statement when he placed top 5 and ousted the likes of Bob Burnquist and Lincoln Ueda. NOLAN ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATED THE COMBI BOWL and I can't even express how proud Steve and I are of Nolan and how how happy we are to have him on the Pioneers Skate Team!!!

The level of skating we saw this year was just dumb, dumb, stupid! Bucky Lasek earned the much deserved win and skated like he was possessed! Back to back McTwists and back tails through the corners, the dude was just unstoppable! Every year I am blown away by the progression of skateboarding and I can only imagine what next years event will bring. I hope a top 3 finish for Nolan and more insane skating from up-comers like Ben Raybourn. Check out the highlight video below and go to Fuel TV to check out the contest in it's entirety!


While I wasn't around this weekend I heard it was pretty nice with some fun little waves hanging in town almost the whole time. Lots happening too, like the Gatorade Free Flow Tour and the ESA regional. It feels like summer is in full effect, people everywhere, 5 boards stacked on people roofs, and temperatures in the 80s, life is good on the Seacoast. We should have a little bump this evening and tomorrow morning too. In fact there are some fun little waves at the beach right now. I'm looking at the cams and watching little knee high sets roll in! The wind is kinda on it but it still looks fun as hell from where I'm standing!

The UPS man just showed up and brought us some fun new stuff! More Reed sandals and 8 inch Pioneers Decks!!!

New watch from Nixon, lots of them are for the ladies!

Small Player, Gunmetal and Black

The Shutter, All White

The Kensington Leather, Tortoise and Black

The 42-20 Tide, All Gunmetal

So I was pretty much at the point where I was ready to start handing out knuckle sandwiches if I heard another Casey James comment but then I remembered the age old quote "If you can't make fun of yourself, you have no right making fun of anyone else". So here it is, go ahead take a stab at it, just remember I came in 3rd, what place did you come in???
Me and Casey, I don't see the resemblance but whatever....


No comments: