Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bureh Surf Club of Seirra Leone, Africa Update!!!


Good morning gang!  Just wanted to give everyone the update and get a last minute push going for the boys of the Bureh Beach Surf Club of Seirra Leone, Africa. If you missed the last blog on the Bureh Beach Boys check it HERE!  My good friend Andre, the ground guy in Serria Leone, recently just wrote a couple of rad blogs profiling the boys of the Bureh Surf Club.  Here is one I copied and pasted, check  Lay Off The Iodine to see more of the boys that your contributions benefit.  



Name: Charles Samba
Nickname: Samba/Charlito/Charlie Boy/Wave Thief Jr.
DOB: 2/3/1996
Stick: Shortboard
Year of the Stoke: 2005
Introducer: Francis [Brima] and John
Stance: Goofy
Left s or Rights: Left because when I dey surf de left I de see de wave when confirm how I de go.
The Point or the River: River
Best time to surf: Rainy season because we dey get big wave.
What does surfing do for you? When I see me campin de surf I axe em if hard for surf, they say e simple then I axe dem for teach me. Surf done different thing inside me system, like; one, e don keep me fitness, two, everybody don know me half of the world.
How do you feel when you first stood up? I feel like I de heaven
Results: 2nd Place at the 1st B.B.S.C
Form: Junior Secondary 3

At this point we've got $300 dollars for shipping and for gear.  We've also had a bunch of people drop off board shorts, leashes, and fins.  If you have anything you want to donate try and have it here by Friday, that's when the boxes will be shipping.  Thanks for the support!

First come first serve... 6'2 JC Sting Ray.
$100 CASH!!! All the proceeds go to the Bureh Surf Club in Seirra Leone, Africa.

SOLD!!!!

First come first serve... 6'4 JC NX-1.
$100 CASH!!! All the proceeds go to the Bureh Surf Club in Seirra Leone, Africa.

SOLD!!!!

HUGE THANKS TO J.J. FOR DONATING THESE BOARDS AND OUR FRIEND SARA FOR DONATING $100 FOR SHIPPING!!!

No comments: