Monday, August 30, 2010

One Session or Two????

p. Ralph

Well I think we can all agree Danielle sure took her sweet time to give us some waves. Her highly anticipated swells that were forecasted to arrive Saturday morning finally really started to show yesterday afternoon/evening. While most of you were probably sitting at the beach waiting for the waves to show up, I was sitting behind a desk pulling my hair out because I thought I was missing it. Turns out I really didn't miss anything but lots of folks checking it hard. I made it back to the coast at 6 pm last night and thanks to my buddy I had one hell of a session. Super fun lefts and only two other guys out. Definitely worth the wait and the best way to wash off a long weekend of school.


When I woke up this morning and had a peek at the cams I knew it was still on. I was up and on it early and in my opinion I scored it again. Chest to head high sets and just a few friendly folks out trading waves. This is always my favorite time of the year and it's days like yesterday and today that remind me why. The swell seems to be backing off a little bit now but I am seeing another good little pulse that should fill in tomorrow and give us another round of good ones! We also have to keep an eye on Earl... what is Earl going to do??? Well it's hard to say for sure but it looks like Earl might get pretty close to the coast. That is a bad thing, it causes damage in gives us storm surf instead of hurricane swell. So I'll be keeping an eye on it but at the moment things are looking less than epic.

Steve and I were having a conversation today about what constitutes a session... As an example Steve surfed two different spots this morning. The only thing that separated them was a short walk and a ten minute drive. He never changed out of his wetsuit and was in surf mode the whole time. I on the other hand surfed two different spots but they were separated by a smoothie and a walk with the pup. So did Steve get one session or two? How about me, one or two? So again I ask, what is the definition of a session? My opinion is Steve had one session while I had two. We posted this question on FACEBOOK so think about it and chime in, we would be stoked to hear your opinion.

The Billabong Pro is ON!!!!!!!!!!!! Heat 8 in the water of round 1 right now!!!! Just click HERE and you're in Tahiti!!!!!!!!!! SO EPIC!!!!!!!!

And just a quick reminded to all college students!!! Before you head back to school get a longboard or a cruiser for campus. We have boards starting at $100 and going all the way up to $350 plus. A new ride for school is a must and our selection is INSANE right now. Boards from Sector 9, Arbor, Freedom Dolly, Gravity, Globe, Rayne, and ...Lost. This message is approved by Jon Millstien, College student, RA, Skateboarder!!!!

More surf tomorrow, can't wait to get some!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: