Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Sunday Story Behind the Photo with Steve


Vans and surfing!! If you know me at all. Then you know I have a van fetish. It doesn't matter what make, model, color, or year. I just like vans. I feel they have always been the ultimate surf vehicle. But if I could go out and buy any van it would be this one. All black 1976 Chevy short bed w/ aloha surf racks, sun roof, fog horn, Cragers, and fully customed on the inside (which I would end up trashing). This photo was taken in front of my parents house on Seabrook Beach summer of "79".

There's a lot more story to this picture, but I'll just let you image. What I can say about this photo is that it really represents surfing in the late 70's... and boy do I miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a 69 chevy van when I was about 17 with the racks mounted inside on the ceiling ! Worked out pretty good !