Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Snowboard Season Update


Well, it's January third and winter is sure taking it's sweet time showing up. Even though it looks like a cold October day outside the mountains of New England are producing massive amounts of grade A snow with the current temps. I've ridden twice now, once at Wildcat and once at Gunstock and I've got to say conditions are pretty damn fun!!! Both are open from top to bottom with a bunch of runs on offer and those are just the two mountains I've been too. All the big names like Loon, Killington, Stowe, Jay Peak and Sunday River are in even better shape. Stowe and Jay picked up 6 to 8 inches last night!!! Basically the moral of the story is while it may not look like winter, it is. Drive north with your board and see for yourself.


I also wanted to do a quick review on my Burton Super Hero and Cartel; ReFlex bindings. It's been a while since I've ridden a Burton board, I've spent the last 3 years ripping my beloved Skate Banana. Well first off the overall impression of this board is IT RIPS!!! I really don't have anything negative to say about it. The board has no rocker, no camber??? Sounds crazy but it works, it's called Flat-Top construction and it's working. Lots of hold under my feet thanks in part to the "frost bite" edge technology (similar to magna-traction) and a really loose, forgiving tip and tail. I have zero powder time on it yet but I expect big things out of this board. The Super hero also features "Raduction Technology" which basically allows you to ride a smaller board without sacrificing anything. My Super Hero is a 154 and I'm 185 lbs and it's got all the hold I need. Pair the board up with some Cartel bindings (which also rule) and you've got a smooth, responsive board that is truly ready for all conditions.

My advice: buy one, you won't be disappointed.


To keep this Snow Stoke flowing we've got TICKET DEALS to get you going!!! Right now, while we've got em, spend $150 on snow gear and get a free lift ticket to CRANMORE good Sunday through Friday (say you saw it here on the blog). We're still well stocked with all things shred so if you need a whole new set-up or just a new pair of goggles swing by and we'll make it happen.

No comments: