Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Sunday Story Behind the Photo with Steve


I was rummaging through a box in the garage today and came across this picture of a good friend from back in the day. Even though I haven't seen or talked to him in over 20yrs, I'm sure if I called him or showed up on his door step, he would SMILE, welcome me in, make me feel at home, and let me stay for as long as I needed to. That's just the way he was brought up. He and his family did that for me and other snowboarders many times in the early 80's and I will never forget it.

Who am I talking about? I'm am talking about Andy "The Dog" Coughlin. The Mayor of Manchester Center VT back in the day. Andy knew everyone and was the life of the party on and off the mountain. I know he'll be stoked to see this photo w/ the old school VT knit sweater, Burton snow pants, and Burton Cruiser 165. The photo was from a GS contest held at Loon in winter of 86... I'm sure he won.

Kids if you never heard of "The Dog" get your snowboard history books out and start reading...

No comments: