Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Molly Surf Celebration in Hampton NH

All day today, all day tomorrow, The MOLLY SURF CELEBRATION is the place to be!!!

The second annual Molly Surf Celebration is on for August 20-21st. We are going to hold the GROM event on Saturday, August 20th and the adult event on Sunday the 21st. We had such an amazing event last year that we decided to continue with the same theme. Yes, no need for the adults to bring their boards to the event because we will supply ALL of the surfboards. Before each heat, the adult surfers will draw the boards that they will have to ride in their heat from my COWBOY hat! FUN!!! The Molly Surf Celebration “vibe” is more of a festival than an actual “contest.” How uber competitive can you truly be if you happen to draw a 1967 Eaton or a 8’0 soft top rental board for your heat? The focus is having fun and enjoying the day in the water with all of our friends, so in order to take that fun to the next level we’re going to award the adult surfers with additional points if they SURF IN COSTUME!!! I have my Spider Man and Hannah Montana kits dialed and I’m ready for action. $20 is the entry fee for both the Groms and the Adults – we’ll have sign ups at 7:00am at 10th St at The wall on both days, so please mark your calendars and joins us for a weekend on the beach in order to CELEBRATE MOLLY!!! Please check the website weekly as we will post more details as we get closer to the August 20th weekend and all NH area surf shops will have The Molly Surf Celebration info/event fliers.

I was re-organizing my office the other day and I came across a card, a “thank you” card, which I received last year from a family that received support from The Molly Fund. Sometimes I get caught up in the chaos of life – trying to balance work, family, play, and The Molly Fund – and I lose sight on the big picture and the reason why Molly’s legacy continues with the Foundation. The thank you card was an instant reminder and I’d like to think that it was no accident that I re-discovered this family’s note. An amazing amount of people are helping drive The Molly Fund forward. We are raising a lot of money and by working with Dana Farber and The Jimmy Fund we are able to reach out and help so many families that desperately need the kind of financial support that The Molly Fund can provide. Meg and I are only a small part of what happens behind the scenes because we’re blessed to have the support of so many people that are always more than willing and only too eager to lend a hand and raise a few bucks in order to help families in need. I can honestly say that our friends, family, and our wonderful community enabled us to survive another year without Molly and somehow a sincere “thank you” can’t even begin to describe how truly grateful Meg and I feel. Looking back to July 12, 2009, I wrote that there has to be some good that will surface from Molly’s death. At the time, I had just lost my daughter. My only thought was praying for the strength to continue living, and I really had no idea what “good” could come from Molly’s death. But today all I have to do is open that “thank you” card and it all makes perfect sense. We’re doing some good things and it certainly takes an army to make it happen. We love you all and we are so very grateful for your help. Please join us as we celebrate Molly this summer. Go HERE for all the details:

No comments: