Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dawn Patrol Pay-Off

p. GITV

They saying is "patience is a virtue" and to be perfectly honest it's a virtue I don't do very well with. Recently GITV posted a piece in the I Love NH section of their website titled Patience. The piece is a look at things to come once "summah" is ovah... you know quiet beaches, cool off-shore breezes, and most importantly some (fingers crossed) hurricane swell. Last night after a great meal I sat on my porch nursing a glass of whiskey and paging through Patience. I sat there remembering the swells and remembering the feeling. I went to bed thinking about things to come and hoping they come sooner than later.

When I woke this morning and I began going through my morning routine, I saw something on the cam that didn't look real. It was a real wave... a perfect a-frame peak that appeared to be waist high maybe even bigger. I sat there waiting to see another like it and after a few minutes I saw it, a whole set of real waves. After a two and a half hour session this morning I can certainly say there were some real waves out there, waist high and bigger on some of the sets. The waves had great shape and good push, dare I say they reminded me of hurricane swell.

Could my patience be paying off? Could this be a preview of things to come? One can only hope but for now my stoke is high and my arms are tired.

Thanks for the surprise ocean, it was just what I needed.

4 comments:

Mark said...

reminder that I need to keep my eye on the cam....even when the report says flat.

haha, thanks.

Mark said...

a reminder that I need to check the cam more often, even when the report says FLAT.

thanks, haha.

Mark said...

Reminder that I need to check the cam more...even when the report says "FLAT"

Diego said...

Amen !!!!!!!!! It was fun