Wednesday, December 16, 2009


Yesterday's Pipemaster Final was epic.  What a great finish to an awesome year.  The Taj and Slater final was so good.  Big ups to Taj on a great performance and a first place at pipe.  Now that the smoke has cleared Mick stands above all with the World title and  Joel Parkinson won the overall title at the Vans Triple Crown.  Huge congrats also go to Steph Gilmore for claiming both the Ladies ASP title and the Triple Crown title.  Steve and I spent quite a bit of time this past year watching live webcasts of all the ASP events.  The past month has been great for webcasts.  All three of the Triple Crown events and the Eddie have been insane.  I am kinda bummed that the next even isn't until March 2010.  I guess I'll just have to wait and watch snowboard contests to fill the void.

Yesterday I got a session in  and I wore my new O'neill Psycho Freak 5.5/4.5 and I have to tell you that this suit is the real deal.  As far as flexible goes it's unreal.  It is hands down the most flexible winter suit I have ever worn.  Not only was I warm in this suit I was HOT almost to the point of over heating.  Everything about this suit is rad!  Fits great, goes on and off easily, stretches like no other and keeps you warm!  Now at $580 dollars this suit is no small purchase but if  you are the type of person that wants to be as warm and flexible as possible and you surf all winter long this is the suit.  Every other suit in the O'neill line is great too and with suits starting at $330 you can definitely find one that won't blow out your wallet.

Photo by Jessica Jolin

If you are at all stressed of feeling overwhelmed this holiday season I have two suggestions. The first is come see us at Pioneers and we will make holiday shopping real easy for you and the second is listen to Todo Bien live tomorrow night at the Ashworth Hotel in Hampton from 8 to 11 pm.  It should be fun and a great way to see every body during this busy holiday season.

We just got the new Ralph G. Fatello full length surf film in entitled "The Run".  This video documents the insane run of surf that we have had this year.  Super stoked for this one, I think it's going to be a block buster.  Come grab one while supplies last.  

Steve and I are stoked and here at the Shop till 7pm. Just got a big ol' box of skate stuff.  New boards, pads, helmets, mags, etc.   Swing by, we'll be here!


No comments: