Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's a Cold Finger Stinger Out There...


So first off a cold finger stinger is when you surf too long or in gloves not thick enough for the temp and you finger just get so cold they start to hurt.  The stinger part comes from when they start to thaw out and they sting like hell.  This morning I got my first cold finger stinger of the winter! The waves this morning were small, knee at best, but I shared those knee high waves at sunrise with Buck. It felt good to get a few, I didn't surf yesterday or all week for that matter. Even though the waves were small this morning and I only surfed for 45 minutes my stoke is still there, I love to surf.  Today is off to a great start, fun little waves with a friend, hot shower, good breakfast, and I heard a great song on the radio on my ride to the shop, CCR one of the best bands of all times???? Maybe. 



The big day is right around the corner.  Santa is coming to town.  The shop is still stocked with the goods and we really do have something for everyone.  We got a bunch of  Sector Nine Longboard Skateboards which seem to be on everyones list.  Pioneers tees and Hoodies for that person that wants to represent NH when they're living far away from home.  Gloves and hats for keeping warm, and rad flannels and pants to keep you in style.  Our good buddy Ry Guy picked up a new Lost Firewire yesterday and in doing so joins an elite club of Firewire/Lost riders.  I love mine and I will give everyone Ryan's report as soon as I get one.  If there is someone special on your list, who has been really good,  don' hesitate to pick them up a new surfboard.  Get them the right one and you might even see them shed a tear of joy.

Surfline posted some photos of yesterday's swell that really smacked both Jersey and Long Island with snow and waves.  Check it HERE!  

If you still got some shopping to do come see us, we're here till 7 tonight.  Otherwise enjoy the day!


No comments: