Monday, May 21, 2012

Zac Rose, Pioneers Team Skater does 900s on Vert



I've written about Zac Rose before. I've posted videos and photos of him here on the blog.  If you don't know Zac it wouldn't surprise me.  He's the humblest and quietest skate kid I've ever encounter, yet, he skates vert as well as anyone.  The easiest way to describe Zac Rose is to say he is a young Danny Way.  Absolute raw talent mixed with raw power and determination.  I really wouldn't put any limits on his skating because he is capable of whatever he tries....

Case and point.... 900s.

Yes you read that right Zac Rose landed his first 900 just last month at Rye Airfeild. If you don't believe me or you want a little more history on the 900 check Wikipedia, you'll find Zac's name there along with eight others. While joining the 900 club is hard enough Zac joined an elite club of 6 that have completed the 900 on an actual vert ramp. The other 3 members of the 900 did there 9s on mega ramps, the difference between the two are where the speed for the trick comes from. The mega ramp gets it all from the drop in and on vert the skater must pump the tranny to generate the speed necessary for the trick!

So you may be wondering why I didn't post this news earlier when he landed the 9 for the first time. I thought it was kinda a hush hush thing that was going to be released when the time was right. Well today it showed up on Todd Richard's blog so I guess the cat is out of the bag.

Stoked for Zac, he kills it!  Check Todd's blog for the iphone video!



No 9s here but how about the kickflip body variable McTwist!!!!







No comments: