Sunday, March 13, 2011

TUNA SESSION???


OH IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE BACK IN THE WATER! It's been so long since we've had multiple days of head high surf in a row! My arms are tired and for the first time in a while I went to bed exhausted last night. As stoked as I am my surfing is all over the place, botched drops, misplaced feet, and duck dives that more look more like a duck drowning. I started to find my rhythm by the end of this morning's session and I hope it keeps coming. So if your feeling like a kook you're in good company. I'm hoping to get a session in after work and if I do I plan on taking the TUNA out for a cruise. I'll be back with a report on the finless wonder tomorrow.


Well I've never been to Alaska, but I do plan on making the pilgrimage to AK some day. Hopefully that day will come sooner than later and when it does I'm sure my excitement and stoke will be similar to our buddy Brian's, who is fresh off the plane from his holy experience. Share Brian's trip through his camera and his words here on Get In The Van.


Pioneers skate team update: We're CRUSHING IT!!! This weekend one of the most prestigious contest in the skate world. I'm talking about the Tampa Pro/Am. Local up and coming vert destroyer, ZAC ROSE, earned himself a third place finish in the amateur vert contest. Then we've got our two local Pioneer's pros, Dave Bachinsky and Manny Santiago, qualifying 7th and 24th respectively. Live coverage of the FINALS is TODAY right HERE from SPoT.

Fantasy Surf Team Update: Men's team, 840 points and a 177th place out of 10000 finish.
Women's team, 800 points and a 53rd place out of 9,200 finish.

Get your team in order and we'll battle. If you already have a team let us know how you did!

Enjoy your Sunday, I hope you find a few fun one wherever you are, and as a wise man once said "say YES to yourself a little more often".




No comments: