Monday, February 28, 2011

NH TRIATHLON

p. Nevins

A couple times every year I become a triathlete and as Kenny Powers would put it I'm not talking about being the best at exercising either. I'm talking about being a Pioneer and taking our "SURF, SKATE, SNOW" motto for real and having a day of epic proportions. This past Saturday was one of those epic days. With my co-pilot Nate riding shotgun our day began before the sun broke the horizon.

Stop one included foam and rubber along with a 6am paddle out into fun waist plus surf! It felt so incredibly good to be back in the water! With out of shape arms we traded the surfboards in for snowboards and pointed the Subaru straight North. Our destination was the Pinkham Notch parking lot and we were there before we knew it. Suited and booted we were climbing in no time. When we hit Hojo's it was -47 degrees with the wind chill and pretty much everything in sight was under considerable avalanche danger. Getting colder by the second we changed from hike mode into shred mode and pointed it back to the car. We were rewarded with knee deep pow and close to 3000 ft of vertical on our way down.

Back to the car and back to being able to use our fingers we knew there was only one more stop to make to complete the day. We traded the hiking gear and boots in for some skate shoes and four wheel. We skated Rye well past dark and it's safe to say our legs were "feeling it" in no time.

Long story short, Nate and I took full advantage of NH, we surfed, snowboarded, and skated all in one day. I also had one of the best nights of sleep I've had in a while, thanks NH.

The first stop of the ASP tour is underway and I'm here to tell you that my fantasy team is KILLING IT!!!! 7 out of my 8 guys won their first heat and advanced straight into round 3. I holding out hope that Dusty is gonna win his heat and advance to round 3 making my picks a winning team! And I don't mean to brag but my ladies team is crushing it too. Tyler Wright is the future of women's surfing mark my words she will be World Champ very very soon!

The Goldy is currently dealing with a string of flatness much like our own. The two week waiting period isn't showing a ton of promise but we still got hope. As soon as the boys and girls hit the water we'll be sure to let you know.

Fresh in today.... VOLCOM.

We got the new Mitch Coleburn Annilator in stock, these babies are LOUD!!!!!!!

So much awesome stuff I don't know where to start. From the feet up we got new socks, pants, jeans, shorts, trunks, belts, tanks, tees, button downs, hoodies, hats, BBQ kits, and tons of rad little accessories. I've only made it about half way through the shipment so look for some photos coming once everything gets unpacked! If you can't wait then swing by the shop. It's getting put on the racks as you read this. And ladies while it's pretty much as far from bikini weather as it gets well we've got them if you need them.

Enjoy the day and think about pulling off your own triathlon some time soon, it's EPIC!!!


No comments: